Guidelines for authors for preparing manuscripts (click to open/close)
There will be two types of Proceedings: the printed book of Proceedings containing only short
papers (4 pages) and the full-length keynote papers (up to 12 pages), and the CD-Proceedings
containing all full-length papers. Both Proceedings will be handed out to the participants upon
arrival to the Symposium. For the CD-Proceedings, the recommended length of contributing papers
is 12 pages and for keynote lectures 18 pages. For the CD Proceedings the authors are encouraged
to provide colour images.
The authors of accepted contributions are invited to submit both the short papers (deadline May 31, 2012) and the full-length papers (deadline June 16, 2012) in PDF format to the THMT'12 Reserved Area (accessible from this web page by clicking on Login link. Manuscripts should be prepared in accordance with the Instructions to Authors in word-formatted template (see also manuscript-instructions-thmt-12.pdf).
If you intend to use LaTeX as the word processor, please download the zip file that has all the necessary styles and instructions. If you do not use the LaTeX typesetting program, you can use these instructions as general guidelines for your own word processor, as far as layout and font size is concerned or you can download the appropriate.
Each manuscript must be accompanied by a Copyright statement (copyright doc), which should be submitted by e-mail at email@example.com (scanned copy of the original signed by the corresponding author) or by fax at ++39 06 4458 5250.
For any other request please contact Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posters preparation (click to open/close)
Suggestions for Preparing Posters
- Posters should be prepared directly onto A0 sheets - 841 mm wide by 1189 mm high - or at least onto large (A1 or A2) sheets. Posters made by taping together A4 or quarto sheets tend to look amateurish.
- The lettering should be large enough to be read by someone standing 2 m back from the
poster. The following text sizes are suggested.
Title: 2 - 3 cm
Authors'names and affiliations: 1½ - 2 cm
Section headings (Abstract, Results etc.): 1½ - 2 cm
Text: ½ - 1 cm
- For clarity, use lots of diagrams, lots of colour, and not many words.
- Use phrases and short sentences in "bullet points".
- It is recommended that the poster be divided into sections:
- a one or two sentence abstract
- problem definition and/or aims
- The rules for the preparation of good slides apply equally to the preparation of good posters:
- keep them simple
- avoid overcrowding and excessive information
- use large lettering and thick lines
- "one picture is worth a thousand words"
- Posters are to be attached to the poster room walls using reusable tack ("blutac" or similar) which will be supplied, and not by thumb tacks (drawing pins) or adhesive tape.